Blackheads occur when your pores become clogged with excess oil and dead skin cells. Blackheads are not caused by dirt. Let’s make that clear from the beginning. Scrubbing your face obsessively is not a good way to get rid of your blackheads, and is only going to make it worse as you’ll just end up drying out your skin, which will cause more oil to be created to make up for everything you stripped away, and…well it’s a vicious cycle.
If you are looking to remove your blackheads, try some of these successful treatments to clean your skin and stop the formation of the pesky dark spots.
- Fuller’s Earth Mask: Fuller’s earth helps in getting rid of black heads. Mix Fuller’s Earth with water and make it a paste. Apply this paste as mask on black heads. Let it dry for 20 minutes and wash with warm water.
- Honey Mask:Mix one spoon of milk with one spoon honey and heat it for 5 seconds. Apply this mixture on affected areas and put clean cotton on the mask. Let it dry and remove the cotton.
- Cinnamon Honey Mask: Take one spoon cinnamon and mix honey to it. Apply this mixture on black heads. Put a clean cotton on the mask. Let it dry and remove the cotton. Wash with warm water. You can see the difference.
- Baking Soda Mask: Mix one spoon baking soda with half spoon water. Scrub this mixture on affected areas and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash it with cool water. Repeat this process frequently to find good results.
- Oats Mask: Oats removes the dead skin. Cook one spoon oats in two spoons of water. Let it cool for sometime. Apply this mixture on areas with blackheads. Let it dry for 15 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- Turmeric Mask: Mix pinch of turmeric in water or oil and make it as paste. Apply it on the black heads and let it dry for 15 minutes. Wash your face with warm water. By repeating this process you can get rid of black heads.
- Green Tea Mask: The vitamins and anti-oxidants in green tea will remove the excess oil from your skin. In five spoons of water, add 2 spoons of green tea and heat it for 15 minutes. Let it cool. When the mixture is warm clean your face scrub it with the mixture. After 10 minutes wash with cool water.
- Egg White Mask: Egg white temporarily tighten pores, thus reducing chances of future blackheads, and will also remove current blackheads. Egg whites are also rich in nutrients for your skin. Separate the yolk from the white and rinse your face. Pat your face dry and then apply a thin layer of egg white over your skin. And put the tissue over it and apply second coat of egg white. When the mask is dry, peel off the tissue and gently wash your skin to remove any residue.
Image credit: healcure.org