Dry, cracked heels are the most frequent concern. If these cracks, called fissures, become severe, they may cause bleeding, infection and pain when standing or walking.
What causes dry, cracked heels?
- cold weather and indoor heating
- ill-fitting shoes and boots
- improper daily care of the feet
- standing on your feet all day
Here are some common home remedies to help you with your dry, cracked heels.
Banana and Avocado:
-Take one banana and avocado. Smash them and make it into a paste. Apply this paste on cracks and leave it for 15 minutes. Then, rinse it with hot water. Do this everyday, you will see good results with in two weeks.
– Massage your feet with olive oil and rinse your feet with hot water after 30 minutes. Do this everyday. Olive oil moisturizes the feet, heals the cracks and your heels will be soft and smooth.
Honey & Lemon:
– Lemon juice is a mild acid that helps to dissolve dead and dry skin for easy removal. Honey has anti bacterial elements. Take four spoons of lime/lemon juice and mix it with two spoons honey and one spoon sesame oil. Apply the mixture on cracks and let it soak it in for 15 minutes. Use a pumice stone to scrub your feet after you’re done soaking them. You may want to wait until any cuts or trauma have healed before trying this.
Egg & Lemon:
– Take an egg yolk and mix one spoon lime/lemon juice and one spoon rice flour. Mix them well and make it into a paste. Soak your feet in warm water for 15 minutes and then apply this mixture on the cracked heels. Leave the mixture for 20 minutes and rinse it well. This mixture will moisturize the heel and make it soft.