Though mint leaves are used in various forms in cooking, not many people are aware that mint is a great herb for curing many of your skin related problems. This herb is a great way of soothing and looking after your skin, without any side effects and with guaranteed results.
Here are a few ways in which you can use the mint plant for your skin:
Treats Acne & Pimples:
Salicylic acid present in mint helps in curing acne.
- Make a paste of lime, basil and mint leaves.
- Add one spoon yogurt to the mixture.
- Apply the mixture as face pack and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash your face with cold water. Acne or pimples will get reduced.
Soothes irritated or itchy skin:
Mint is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, using mint juice on the skin can help soothe mosquito bites and other irritations in summer. It also helps to soften and calm dry or itchy skin.
- Take some mint leaves and little cucumber.
- Blend them into thick paste and add few drops of honey to it. Apply it on the effected areas.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it with cold water.
Mint leaves can help in controlling the excess oil as it contains Vitamin A. It rejuvenates and refreshes the skin making it bright and soft! Using mint will be your natural way of getting oil-free naturally glowing skin.
- Take some mint leaves and blend them into paste.
- Add one spoon fuller’s earth and few drop of rose water to it.
- Apply it to the face as a pack.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
Helps in getting rid of lice:
Apply mint oil to your hair 3-4 times every week. Massage nicely and keep it on for 30 minutes (before a shower). Doing this will help get rid of lice, as mint is a natural repellent for insects. Do this regularly for a few weeks or months to completely remove any traces of lice from the hair.
Removes Dead cells:
Mint leaves this will also hydrate and moisturize your skin. Not just that, this is also a great way to remove or lighten pimple marks.
- Take some oats and mix it with mint juice.
- Scrub your skin with this solution to remove dead skin cells.
For Cracked Heels:
Helps soothe cracked heels, removes odor and makes heels soft. Not only this, the warm aroma of the leaves will help calm your nerves and senses, and help you relax.
- Take half bucket water and add some mint leaves.
- Boil the water and let it cool for sometime.
- Keep your feet in the water for 30 minutes, when the water is warm.
- Pat them dry with clean towel.
These are some of the many reasons why mint has taken over the beauty care world! With many potential benefits to the skin, it is one of the easily available natural ingredient you can give a try. If you know any other tips please share them in the comments below.